Serving the health care needs of Mercer County and surrounding communities
As the only health center in the county, Genesis Medical Center, Aledo is a 22-bed, critical access hospital that plays a vital role in providing local health care to a diverse population since 1950. It is our mission to provide quality, compassionate care to the community. We are fortunate to be a part of Genesis Health System, which assists us to perform at the highest levels of quality and safety.
Medical Center Services
Genesis Health Group
Genesis Health Group, Specialty Clinic
Greeting you with warm and caring smiles, the Admitting staff is responsible for helping patients and visitors with registration, payments, answering phone calls and so much more.
- Admitting personnel are available Monday through Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Patients check in at the Admitting desk for tests, surgical procedures, ER and all inpatient admissions. Patients are to present their insurance card at the time of check in.
- Staff can answer billing questions and accept hospital and clinic payments of check, cash, and credit card seven days a week.
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo is proud to offer many services to patients, their families, and to residents in Mercer County and surrounding areas.
Care Transition provides information and referral for various hospital services:
- Discharge planning for patients
- Genesis VNA Services
- Nursing home or assisted living placement
- Mobile Meals
- Lifeline program
- Screening for skilled care admissions
To contact Care Transition, call 309-582-9287.
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary operates the Gift Shop in the hospital. Through volunteer help, the Gift Shop is staffed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. All proceeds from the Gift Shop revenues go toward the purchases of equipment for the hospital.
For more information about the gift shop please call 309-582-9255.
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary is a volunteer based organization with the mission to serve the hospital and its patients.
About the Auxiliary
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary was established in 1956. The purpose was to render service to the county hospital and its patients through ways approved by the Board of the hospital.
The Auxiliary members hold various fundraising events, sponsor scholarships and staff the Gift Shop at the hospital. Currently, there are over 90 Auxiliary members.
Auxiliary Volunteer Services and Events
- Staff and Manage Gift Shop
- Bake Sales
- Book Fairs
- Uniform Sales
- Annual Holiday Bazaar
Become a Member
- Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary is open to anyone who wishes to join. Memberships are $10 per year.
- Please contact the Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Gift Shop at 309-582-9255 for more information.
- Please click on the following link to download or application. GMC, Aledo Membership Application
The Auxiliary sponsors four $500 scholarships annually toward studies in the medical field. Scholarship applications are due on April 15.
Please contact Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary Gift Shop for more information (309) 582-9255.
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary Scholarship Application