Our team of therapists are specially trained in pediatrics and offer a variety of unique services to Coralville and the surrounding areas. The child and family-focused center has been designed specifically with pediatric treatment in mind, and to meet the treatment needs of this population.
Therapy services offered include:
- Aquatic Therapy
- Brachial Plexus Injury Treatments
- Reflection Therapy
- Neurokinesthetics and movement inhibition therapy
- Early intervention (birth to age 3)
- Constraint-induced movement therapy (children and adults)
- Gross motor
- Neuromuscular and neuroplasticity
- Orthopedic treatment
- Dynamic casting/serial casting
- Sensory integration therapy
- Sequential Oral Sensory approach to feeding (SOS)
- Therapeutic Listening
- Social Skills
- Pelvic Floor (Biofeedback)
- Speech-language therapy
- Oral-motor feeding skill development
- PROMPT technique
- Intensive therapy
- Universal Exercise Unit
- Interactive Metronome
Staff at the Coralville location also offer a variety of non-traditional treatments such as:
Dynamic casting is done on the lower extremities to help correct heel-toe walking and postural alignment.
TheraSuit is a soft suit that has elastic bands attached to it which are adjusted to help align posture, improve muscle tone, and help improve balance and strength. The suit also helps patients transition from sitting to standing.
Universal Exercise Unit or "Spider Cage"
The Universal Exercise Unit allows a patient to be suspended in the middle of a cage, with support provided by bungee cords that attach to a belt worn by the patient. By using this exercise unit, gravitational forces are removed and the patient can practice skills to improve balance, coordination, and function with a sense of security. This treatment is successfully used throughout Europe and is a widely sought after form of treatment.