Mahtab U. Ahmed, MD
Call for an Appointment
I am pleased when we can "unmask" the hidden potentials in individual patient when she/he is successful in finding the user friendly combinations of nutritional, behavioral, physical activity and medication. Successful weight loss and maintenance can lead to overall health and wellness, and reduces the cardiovascular risk. I enjoy my greatest achievement when I can "deprescribe" or reduce the chronic medication dosage due to weight loss!
I am a family physician trained in Obesity Medicine. My expertise circles around wellness by using effective safe weight loss and maintenance programs with nutritional, behavioral, physical activity and pharmacological interventions for individual patients and groups. Clinicians with traditional views dictate patients with prescription of diet and exercise for treatment of obesity. My approach is different. My goal is to motivate patients to the "driver" seat and weight management team as a "navigator" in their weight loss journey.
Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Year began practicing:
- Center for Weight Management
Areas Of Interest
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management
- Program Development and Management
- Patient Care
- Medical Testing and Procedures
- Research and Analysis
- Goal Setting and Attainment
- Team Leadership
- Relationship Development
I'm moving from Ohio to Iowa for a full time weight management position. My wife Jenni (also a Family Physician) and I have three daughters (Anjali, Lilly and Erica), one dog (Tara), three cats (Chester, Dingo and Ms. Stubbs). When I'm not busy with work or spending time with my wife and kids I enjoy wood working, mowing our lawn, tinkering with my tractor, and taking care of chickens!
Education & Training
- Sir Salimullah Medical College & Mitford Hospital, Bangladesh, Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS
- Wright State University, Dayton, OH, Master of Science in Biological Sciences
- Ohio State Medical Center, Graduate Study
- Good Samaritan Hospital Family Practice Program, Dayton, OH, Residency
- Good Samaritan Hospital Family Practice Program, Dayton, OH, Chief Resident
Awards & Certifications
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Chief resident during residency
- Publications in the Ohio Family Physician journal
- Author of course on weight management in Udemy.com
- Multiple presentations and poster in different settings
- Chief of Medical staff and Paulding County Hospital (2011)
I was board certified in Family Medicine in 1995 and in Obesity Medicine in 2012.
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Family Physician, in Paulding, Defiance, Ada, and Troy, OH under hospital systems and private practice
- Medical Director, After Hours Family Care, Tipp City, OH.
- Director of Infectious Disease and Chief of Staff, Paulding County Hospital
- Obesity Medicine Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Diabetic Association
- The Obesity Society