Higher complexities and challenges in treating a human soul and not only giving relief to the symptoms on the surface is what I thrive for. Comprehensive care integrating the physical, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual aspects is what I am passionate about. And at the end of the day relieving the emotional suffering of people what I look for.
I believe in integration of psychiatry with physical medicine as I believe there is no help without mental help. I have always been intrigued by the most complex machine on the earth i.e our human body what steered me to the medical field for further exploration of life.
- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
- Behavioral Health | Inpatient
Travelling, music, painting are a few of my hobbies. I like volunteering, communicating with organizations to participate in social services in other countries. When I am free, I like spending time with my family, friends, doing some home improvement projects, gardening, and reading.
Education & Training
- Medical College & Hospital, Calcutta, India
- Virginia Tech- Carilion School of Medicine, Roanoke, Virginia
- Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Mass., Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship
Awards & Certifications
- Board certified in adult psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology)
- Board certified in geriatric psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology)
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- Psychiatric Society of West Virginia
- Life Member of Basic Medical Scientists’ Association