Patients entrust their lives to nurses and providers and we should be honored to care for each and every person during their hospitalization. Personally, I have always felt that a person should do what they can to help their neighbors, peers, and community. For me, personally, as a nurse, that has always been helping people when they are sick or in their most vulnerable states.
From a young age, I have always found myself in the position of counselor or caregiver to friends, family, animals, etc. The best path for me to help others was first as a Certified Nursing Assistant and then as a Registered Nurse, working at the bedside since January 2008. Now that I am a Nurse Practitioner, I find that I am and always will be a nurse at heart, even if I am on the other side of managing health conditions.
- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
Areas Of Interest
As most of my experience is from my time as an ICU nurse, Critical-Care is my greatest interest and umbrellas many different diagnoses and conditions.
I am a Davenport native and I love spending time with my family & pups. Traveling, reading books, golfing, riding horses, music, and movies are some of my favorite hobbies.
Education & Training
- Scott Community College, Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- University of Iowa, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Awards & Certifications
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- ANCC Certified Critical-Care Registered Nurse (CCRN): AACN
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners