Genesis Heart Institute
Take good care of your heart and blood vessels by visiting the award-winning Genesis Heart Institute. You’ll benefit from a team of top cardiologists, surgeons, vascular specialists and other medical professionals who combine their knowledge and expertise to provide well-rounded treatment. As a regional referral center, we take some of the toughest cardiovascular cases in eastern Iowa and western Illinois. No matter your medical needs, we’ll help you maximize your heart health and quality of life.
Comprehensive Heart Care Unmatched in the Region
Trust us to help you achieve a good outcome from cardiovascular care because:
- Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, has one of the lowest heart attack 30-day readmission rates in the country, according to data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, has earned accreditation in Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography from the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. This "seal of approval" means that our patients who undergo this important diagnostic procedure can count on quality care that meets nationally-recognized standards.
Top-Quality Cardiac Surgery
There’s no better place in the Quad Cities to get heart surgery than the Heart Institute. Home to expert surgeons, Genesis offers advanced treatments, like Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, to patients in the Midwest.
Complete Heart & Vascular Services
The Heart Institute gives you access to comprehensive cardiovascular services, including:
- Sophisticated screenings and diagnostics – Reveal the health of your heart and circulatory system
- Innovative treatments – Promote the full flow of life-sustaining blood and oxygen throughout your body, sometimes by using advanced methods available nowhere else in the Quad Cities
- Healthy living services – Helps increase strength and endurance
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation – Strengthens you during a program certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR), which works to ensure patients’ safety and success
- Support and wellness – Improves quality of life as you manage heart disease, heart failure, or lung disease
- Pediatric cardiology – Specializes in lipid disorders, echocardiography and fetal heart care
- Clinical trials – Test promising new therapies