If your heart, arteries or veins need help supplying blood and oxygen to your body, you want the best care in the business to help you stay well. Turn to Genesis Heart Institute for specialists who offer sophisticated treatments available nowhere else in the area. We share your goal of getting you in the best health, so you can make the most of life.
Choose the Heart Institute for many advanced treatments and services, including:
- Interventional cardiology – Relies on minimally invasive techniques to relieve problems in your heart valves or blood vessels, including clogged arteries
- Cardiothoracic & thoracic surgery – Provided by expert, nationally known surgeons recognized for achieving the highest levels of patient satisfaction
- Heart attack care – Restores full blood flow to your heart twice as fast as national standards require
- WATCHMAN™ is a one-time, minimally invasive procedure for people with atrial fibrillation not caused by a heart valve problem (also known as non-valvuar AFib) who need an alternative to blood thinners
- Induced hypothermia – Improves your odds of surviving cardiac arrest by using a method available at only two Iowa locations, including the Heart Institute
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) – A minimally-invasive procedure to replace diseased aortic valves with prosthetic valves.
- Structural heart disease intervention – non-surgical closure of structural heart defects such as closure of a patent foramen ovale and/or atrial septal defect
- Clinical trials – Test promising new therapies for heart and vascular conditions
Restoring Regular Heartbeats
When you experience arrhythmia—irregular heartbeats—the Heart Institute can help ensure proper blood flow throughout your body. You may benefit from one of these treatment options:
- Subcutaneous and transvenous Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (S-ICD/ICD) and pacemaker implantation – Places a device inside your chest to send electrical signals to the heart and make the muscle beat normally
- Pharmacologic cardioversion – Uses medications to steady your heartbeat
- Cryoablation – Treats atrial fibrillation by freezing the small amount of heart tissue that causes abnormal heartbeats and is a minimally invasive procedure available in the Quad Cities only at the Heart Institute
- Radiofrequency ablation – Employs heat to eliminate heart tissue that makes your heart beat irregularly