In simple language, the Genesis Health Services Foundation (GHSF) engages donors to save lives, cure the sick, relieve suffering, comfort the dying, bring new life to birth, and keep people healthy. Our donors' impact is local, affecting their families and neighbors living in the Eastern Iowa, Western Illinois communities served by the Genesis Health System (GHS).
Noteworthy accomplishments of generous donors through the Genesis Health Services Foundation in just the past ten years:
- More than $1 million in direct patient charity care through the Jane Folwell Heart of Mercy Fund
- More than $750,000 in direct grants to employees in crisis through the Bressanelli Employee Emergency Assistance Fund
- More than $1 million in nursing scholarships and continuing education grants
- Continued support of the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House, following the successful $7 million capital campaign to construct the home for end-of-life care
- Participation in construction of the St. Ambrose University Center for Health Sciences through a $1 million capital grant
- Vaccination of nearly 10,000 school children annually, free, through Flu-Free Quad Cities
- Annual scholarships and awards available to 5500 employees of GHS for their for own mission activity and for their children's or grandchildren's education in science, technology, engineering or math
- Inauguration of Genesis Philanthropy, to raise and grant funds for regional population health initiatives, which has included Family Connects (home nursing visits for new mothers) and a program to reduce metabolic syndrome.