Auxiliary Seeding Student Education and Training Scholarship (A.S.S.E.T.) for Children of Genesis Employees
This $1000 scholarship is for tuition or fees incurred in the pursuit of a two- or four-year undergraduate degree in healthcare, wellness, science, technology, engineering, math or related fields.
Applicant must be a child, grandchild or legal dependent of a qualified Genesis employee.
- A qualified Genesis Health System employee must meet the following criteria:
- Employment status of .5 or greater
- Minimum of one year of service
- In good standing (not in corrective action)
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or graduating senior from high school in the Genesis seventeen-county service area. Service area counties include Cedar, Clinton, Des Moines, Henry, Jackson, Lee, Louisa, Muscatine and Scott counties in Iowa and Carroll, Henderson, Henry, Knox, Mercer, Rock Island, Warren and Whiteside counties in Illinois.
- If not currently in high school, applicant must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credit hours or equivalent status) as an undergraduate in a two- or four-year accredited Iowa, Illinois or surrounding state college or university.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 or greater cumulative high school GPA (based on a 4.0 scale; equivalent GPA on an alternative grading scale is acceptable) and if already in college, must also have GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Applicant must provide proof of acceptance into a health or wellness, science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) two- or four-year program at an accredited educational institution in Iowa, Illinois or surrounding state college or university.
Terms of Scholarship:
- To be considered for this Genesis Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the above eligibility requirements and submit the online application and all required elements electronically. If requested by Genesis, the applicant must be willing to participate in an interview with the Genesis Scholarship Selection Committee.
- $1000 Scholarships will be awarded to four or more candidates and will be distributed directly to the educational institution the recipients are attending. Recipients who do not meet or maintain eligibility status prior to disbursement of funds, will forfeit all awards. Scholarships will be awarded for one school year only and are non-renewable.
- Scholarship recipient must submit tuition invoice including amount due, billing address, student name and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have funds released to their educational institution.
- Announcement of scholarship winners will be made annually during Genesis Mission Month in May.
- Application must be submitted online by deadline of March 31.
- As part of the application process, you will be required to complete 2 essay questions and to produce a video on volunteerism. Please call Steve Hammer at 563-421-4980 if you need more information about producing a video.
- Prior to submitting your application you will need to provide a YouTube or Vimeo link to your video.
- Request two letters of recommendation (this is done online via your application), such as from a teacher, guidance counselor, or clergy.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your application is complete and that your letters of recommendation have been submitted.
- The scholarship selection committee will consist of a representative of the Genesis Health Services Foundation, a representative of the Genesis Medical Center Davenport Volunteer Services and four Genesis Health System employees.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination Policy :
- Selection of Genesis Scholarship recipients will not be based upon financial need, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, military discharge, handicap or age. No question or eligibility requirement is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
If you have questions about the scholarship or application process, email the foundation at email@example.com.