Marilyn Willits MSN,RN, Nursing Certification Scholarship
Her caring disposition kept the patient's voice at the forefront of the decision-making process and her deep compassion for the nurses exemplified her advocacy. She never hesitated to intervene on their behalf. In her constant pursuit of excellence, Marilyn was the "force" behind interventions that lead to "best practice" outcome. Learn more about Marilyn.
Up to eight hundred dollars ($800) will be awarded monthly to Genesis Employees who are seeing certification or recertification applicable to their position with Genesis.
- Applicant must be licensed registered nurse and in good standing to practice nursing in the state of Iowa or in the state of Illinois.
- Applicant must be employed by Genesis Health System.
- Applicant must have worked for Genesis Health System a minimum of one year.
- Applicant must not be in corrective action level 2 or above.
- Applicant must demonstrate professional demeanor and exemplify the Standards of behavior
Terms of Scholarship:
- Scholarship recipient will take the certifying examination within 90 days of receiving the award notification.
- Scholarship recipient will submit proof of successfully completing the certification examination to the foundation. Proof will consist of a copy of the Certification itself and/or a copy of notification from the certifying organization that the examination was passed. Proof must be submitted to the foundation office at email@example.com within 30 days of completing the exam.
- Scholarship recipient will pay the registration fee required by the certifying organization directly to that organization.
- Scholarship recipient will submit proof of payment of the registration fee including receipts and verification of payment of the registration fee from the certifying organization. Proof must be submitted to the foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of completing the exam.
- The foundation will reimburse the scholarship recipient 100% for initial certifications up to $300, and 50% for recertifications up to $200.
- This scholarship does not cover the cost of study materials, refresher courses or membership dues.
- Employees may only receive one award during the calendar year. However, they may reapply if not selected one month.
- Application must be made online anytime during a month.
- Applicants will be notified monthly of any award received.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your application is complete and submitted.
- Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in Genesis activities, promotion of professionalism, length of service and a satisfactory work record.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination Policy:
- Decision will not be made on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
If you have questions about the scholarship or application process, email email@example.com