Nursing Scholarship Degree Completion
Up to $4,000 will be awarded to a Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, Genesis Medical Center, Silvis, VNA, Hospice or GHG employee to be used toward the completion of their BSN or MSN degree. Nurse practitioner programs do not qualify for this scholarship. This scholarship is for Genesis Health System employees only.
Up to four thousand ($4,000) will be awarded annually.
- Applicant must be a licensed registered nurse, and in good standing to practice nursing in the state of Iowa or in the state of Illinois.
- Applicant must be employed by Genesis Health System.
- Applicant must demonstrate professional demeanor and exemplify the Standards of Behavior.
- Applicant must be accepted in a BSN degree completion program or a MSN program at an accredited college or university. Nurse practitioner programs do not qualify.
- Applicant must maintain a .4 FTE or higher while accessing scholarship funds.
- Terms of Scholarship:
- Scholarship proceeds must be used within two years of award. Any funds not used during this period will be released for use in awards to others.
- Scholarship funds will be released to the educational institution, not to the scholarship recipient, for payment of upcoming tuition and fees.
- Award winner must submit tuition invoice to Foundation@genesishealth.com in order to have funds released to their educational institution.
- Scholarship recipient must submit tuition invoice including amount due, billing address, student name and ID to email@example.com in order to have funds released to their educational institution.
- Application must be made online by deadline of March 31.
- Prior to submitting application, supporting documents must be uploaded with your application. Supporting documents include:
- Please write a 500 - 600 word essay on how attaining a BSN or MSN degree promotes the ANA Standards of Professional Performance and the Magnet component of Exemplary Professional Practice or Pathway to Excellence Quality Program, as it relates to patient safety, ethical practice and quality care. (ANA Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice text available in the Genesis Library)
- Copy of acceptance letter into a BSN or MSN nursing program.
- Request a letter of recommendation (this is done online via your application) from your supervisor.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your application is complete and that your letters of recommendation have been submitted.
- Upon completion of document submission and committee review, select applicants will receive a personal interview with selection committee.
- Priority consideration will be given to nurses involved in direct bedside care-giving.
- Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in Genesis activities, promotion of professionalism, length of service, a satisfactory work record and quality of application essay.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified annually in May.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination Policy:
- Decision will not be made on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
If you have questions about the scholarship or application process, email the foundation at Foundation@genesishealth.com.