Degree Completion Nursing Scholarship
Up to $2,500 will be awarded to a Genesis Medical Center Davenport, Genesis Medical Center Silvis, VNA, Hospice or GHG employee to be used toward the completion of their BSN or MSN degree. Nurse practitioner programs do not qualify for this scholarship.
Up to two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) will be awarded annually.
- Applicant must be a licensed registered nurse, and in good standing to practice nursing in the state of Iowa or in the state of Illinois.
- Applicant must be employed by Genesis Health System at Genesis Medical Center Davenport, Genesis Medical Center Silvis, VNA, Hospice or GHG.
- Applicant must be accepted in a BSN degree completion program or a MSN program at an accredited college or university. Nurse practitioner programs do not qualify.
- Applicant must maintain a .4 FTE or higher while accessing scholarship funds.
- Applicant must not be in corrective action level 2 or above.
- Applicant must demonstrate professional demeanor and exemplify the Standards of Behavior.
Terms of Scholarship:
- Scholarship proceeds must be used within one year of award. Any funds not used during this period will be released for use in awards to others.
- Scholarship funds will be released to the educational institution, not to the scholarship recipient, for payment of upcoming tuition and fees.
- Scholarship recipient must submit tuition invoice including amount due, billing address, student name and ID to email@example.com in order to have funds released to their educational institution.
- Scholarship recipient will sign and fulfill a 2 year service commitment following notification of scholarship award, or funds will be repaid to Genesis Foundation by the recipient.
- Scholarship recipient will only be able to receive one award per fiscal year but may reapply each year.
- Application must be made online by deadline of March 31.
- Prior to submitting application, supporting documents must be uploaded with your application. Supporting documents include:
- Please tell us in 500 - 600 words how attaining a BSN or MSN degree will impact your nursing practice and ability to provide the high quality care to all those in need. Be specific on why you want to advance your degree and how it impacts our patients.
- A copy of your acceptance letter into a BSN or MSN nursing program.
- Request a performance rating and comments from your leader via your online application.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your application is complete and that your leaders performance rating and comments have been submitted.
- Priority consideration will be given to nurses involved in direct bedside care-giving.
- Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in Genesis activities, promotion of professionalism, length of service, a satisfactory work record and quality of application essay.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified annually in May.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination Policy:
- Decision will not be made on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
If you have questions about the scholarship or application process, contact Katie Bailey by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 563-421-1344.