Practice with Pride Nursing Scholarship
Up to $2,500 will be awarded to a Genesis Medical Center Davenport, Genesis Medical Center Silvis, VNA, Hospice or Genesis Health Group employee to be used toward the completion of their initial RN degree. Current RNs do not qualify for this scholarship.
Up to two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) will be awarded annually.
- Applicant must be employed by Genesis Health System at Genesis Medical Center Davenport, Genesis Medical Center Silvis, VNA, Hospice or Genesis Health Group.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a RN program at an accredited college or university for their initial RN degree. Must show proof of acceptance in RN program.
- Applicant must maintain a 0.1 FTE or higher while accessing scholarship funds.
- Applicant must not be in corrective action level 2 or above.
- Applicant must demonstrate professional demeanor and exemplify the Standards of Behavior.
Terms of Scholarship:
- Scholarship proceeds must be used within one year of award. Any funds not used during this period will be released for use in awards to others.
- Scholarship funds will be released to the educational institution, not to the scholarship recipient, for payment of upcoming tuition and fees.
- Scholarship recipient must submit tuition invoice including amount due, billing address, student name and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have funds released to their educational institution.
- Scholarship recipient will sign and fulfill a 2 year service commitment as a RN at Genesis Medical Center, or funds will be repaid to Genesis Foundation by the recipient.
- Scholarship recipient will only be able to receive one award per fiscal year but may reapply each year.
- Application must be submitted online by deadline of March 31.
- Prior to submitting application, supporting documents must be uploaded with your application. Supporting documents include:
- Please tell us in 200 - 400 words why you wish to pursue a career in nursing, the assets and characteristics that you possess that will help you become a successful nurse, and how the scholarship will help you to provide the highest quality of care to our patients and uphold our Genesis Mission and Values.
- A copy of your acceptance letter into an accredited RN nursing program.
- Request a performance rating and comments from your leader via your online application.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your application is complete and that your leader has completed their performance rating and comments.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified annually in May.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination Policy:
- Decision will not be made on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
If you have questions about the scholarship or application process, contact Katie Bailey by email at email@example.com or by phone at 563-421-1344.