Gaye J. Reiser RN Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2015 in memory of Genesis nurse Gaye J. Reiser, BSN, through a generous bequest from the estate of her mother, Shirley Reiser.
Up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) will be awarded annually.
- Any Genesis Medical Center employee at any campus enrolled in an RN program at an accredited college or university may apply for up to $1,000 toward their upcoming/current classes. Recipients must submit a current tuition invoice from an accredited college or university showing their enrollment in an RN program.
- Applicant must be employed by Genesis Health System as a .5 FTE or higher.
- Applicant must not be in corrective action.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a an RN program at an accredited college or university (must show proof).
Terms of Scholarship:
- Scholarship proceeds must be used within one year of award. Any funds not used during this period will be released for use in awards to others.
- Scholarship funds will be released to the educational institution, not to the scholarship recipient, for payment of upcoming tuition and fees.
- Scholarship recipient must submit tuition invoice including amount due, billing address, student name and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have funds released to their educational institution.
Application must be made online by deadline of March 31.
Prior to submitting application, supporting documents must be uploaded with your application. Supporting documents include:
Upload a 200-400 word essay explaining why you wish to pursue a career in nursing; the assets and characteristics that you possess that will help you become a successful nurse; and the vision you have for yourself as a nurse ten years from now.
Copy of acceptance letter into a RN nursing program.
It is your responsibility to ensure your application packet is complete.
Upon completion of document submission and committee review, select applicants will receive a personal interview with selection committee.
Scholarship recipients will be notified annually in May.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination Policy:
- Scholarship will not be awarded on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
- All other things being equal, other sources of funding will be taken into consideration.
If you have questions about the scholarship or application process, email the foundation at Foundation@genesishealth.com.