Summer Sponsored By Genesis
Genesis Health System is proud to be a sponsor of summer in the Quad Cities.
"Genesis Health System enjoys sponsoring a wide range of community events that contribute to our diverse and vibrant quality of life and promote wellness,'' said Ken Croken, vice president of corporate communications and business development, Genesis Health System. "An active community with quality events like these help us recruit and retain health professionals to the community."
Kicking off the summer is the Quad Cities Criterium bike races on Monday, May 28 on the streets of downtown Rock Island. Genesis is the presenting sponsor.
Genesis will also sponsor the Susan G. Komen Quad Cities Race for the Cure as founding sponsor on June 9 in Moline; Father's Day with the River Bandits to benefit Genesis Cancer Care Institute and the fight against prostate cancer, June 17; Red, White & Boom bi-state Independence Day celebration on Tuesday, July 3; Genesis Firecracker Run in East Moline on Wednesday, July 4, in East Moline; Camp Genesis, a free camp experience for children with cancer in their families, July 8-13; and, Quad-City Times Bix 7 on Saturday, July 28 in Davenport.
More events may be added later.
The Criterium is first on the schedule, starting at 8 a.m. on Monday. The event attracts top amateur and professional bike racers from all over the country. There are events for juniors, men, women and masters riders.
For information on the Quad Cities Criterium, go to www.quadcitiescriterium.com.
Here is information about other Quad Cities events Genesis is sponsoring this summer:
• Komen Quad Cities Race for the Cure. When: 8 a.m., Saturday, June 9. Where: i wireless Center, Moline. Event information: Register for the 5K or 1.2 mile walk/run. Or, you don't have to run a step to support the cause. Sleep-In for the Cure, or become one of the Men In Pink and just cheer on everyone else. Genesis is the Founding Sponsor of the event. Information/registration: www.komenquadcities.org.
• Fight Prostate Cancer On Father's Day With The River Bandits. When: 5 p.m., Sunday, June 17. Where: Modern Woodmen Park, Davenport. Event information: A bleacher ticket and a barbeque buffet served from 4-6 p.m. is $25, with a portion of proceeds going to the Genesis Cancer Care Institute and the fight against prostate cancer. For more: www.riverbandits.com.
• Red, White and Boom! When: 6 p.m., Tuesday, July 3. Where: Davenport and Rock Island riverfront; Event information: Celebrate America's Birthday with the best fireworks display in the Quad-Cities shot over the Mighty Mississippi. There are also live performances, fun activities, food, drinks, and more. For more: http://sites.google.com/site/redwhiteboom/
• Genesis Firecracker Run. When: 7:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 4. Where: East Moline. Event information: 5K/10K; new 10K 2-person relay; Kiddie run; The National Bank Mile; Hospital Bed Races. For more: www.firecrackerrun.com.
• Camp Genesis. When: July 8-13. Where: YMCA Camp Abe Lincoln, Blue Grass, Iowa; Camp information: A free camp experience for children who are dealing with cancer in their families. A traditional camp experience of swimming, horseback riding, a climbing tower but also cancer education and educational and emotional support from Gilda's Club Quad Cities. For more: Call Gilda’s Club at (563) 326-7504 for information or download a camp application at www.gildasclubqc.org (click on the Camp Genesis link.)
• Quad-City Times Bix 7. When: 8 a.m., Saturday, July 28. Where: Downtown Davenport. Information: A world-class 7-mile road race. There is also a 3-mile Quick Bix and Jr. Bix events on July 27. Genesis is a Platinum Sponsor, the volunteer sponsor and Genesis professionals staff the medical tent. For more: www.bix7.com.