Genesis Medical Center, Silvis Plans Reunion
Past and present employees, volunteers and physicians of Genesis Medical Center, Silvis (Illini Hospital) are being invited to a reunion on Saturday, Oct. 11.
The event will be held from 1-3 p.m. in the Larson Center. Light refreshments will be served.
Illini Hospital opened on Nov. 20, 1968. The hospital was built to meet the health care needs of residents of upper Rock Island County and to relieve hospital crowding at the time. Former CEO Gary Larson is expected to attend.
Genesis Medical Center, Silvis has been an innovator in health care. Among the Quad City firsts:
• One of the first patient information systems in the country
• The first regional hospital to hire a full-time physician for its emergency department
• The first Quad Cities hospital to offer hospital-based ambulance service
• The first hospital in Illinois to open Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum birthing rooms
• And, part of the first bi-state integrated health care system, created when Illini Hospital affiliated with Genesis Health System in 1996
Former Genesis Medical Center, Silvis employee Pat Umland is chairing the reunion committee.