Genesis Medical Centers Continue Reopening Services And Relax Visitor Restrictions
DAVENPORT, Iowa – May 19, 2020 – Genesis Medical Centers and clinics have relaxed visitation policies put in place during the COVID-19 outbreak as the health system continues to safely reopen inpatient and outpatient services.
Highlights of the recent relaxed visitation policy include:
- Same-Day Procedures patients may have one visitor, who must remain in the patient’s room for entire visit
- Inpatient may have one visitor, during visitor hours only and must remain in patient’s room for entire visit
- Outpatient Clinic Appointments patients may have one visitor, who must remain in the patient’s room for entire visit
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the hospital entrance
- No visitation for patients who are COVID-19 positive or are considered under surveillance
For more detailed visitor information for all areas of Genesis, go to https://www.genesishealth.com/VisitorRestrictions/
Genesis Health System continues its commitment to safety and quality of care as it cautiously reopens services that were temporarily interrupted during the pandemic.
The commitment to safety includes adherence to state and federal mandates; employee screening for COVID-19 symptoms on a daily basis; precautions in the care of all patients; COVID-19 isolation rooms, masks for all visitors, patients and all employees; room sanitization, air filtration, the practice of social distancing, etc.
For more about Genesis safety precautions during the outbreak, go to www.genesishealth.com/safeplace.
During the outbreak, Genesis has expanded availability to virtual care to allow patients to schedule video appointments with Genesis providers. Virtual care is available from the Genesis Convenient CareNow app at genesishealth.com/virtual.