Eligibility criteria are established by the ACGME. Applicants with ONE of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to accredited residency programs.
- Graduates of medical schools in the US and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the US and Canada who meet the following qualifications:
- Must have graduated from medical school or completed a minimum of one year of formal training in an approved ACGME accredited residency program in the US or Canada within the last two (2) years.
- Must have a valid ECFMG certificate by February 1st
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English
- VISA applicants will not be accepted
- Preferences for foreign medical graduates:
- Those who have satisfactorily completed a minimum of one year of formal training in an approved ACGME accredited residency program in the US or Canada. The Program Director of the program will be contacted prior to offering an interview
- Applicants who have letters of recommendation from US supervising physicians in good standing
- Fifth pathway candidates from a LCME-accredited medical school
- US citizenship or strong illustration of adaptation to the culture of the US
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Demonstrated strong interest in Family Medicine as a career choice
- Known quality of the foreign medical school
All applicants must submit their application via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Written applications will not be accepted.
Each application must include:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from physicians who have directly supervised the applicant and are not directly related or related by marriage.
- Letter from the medical school Dean
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Medical School Transcript
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Copies of all Board Examination scores