da Vinci Surgery For Women's Health
The da Vinci procedure allows gynecologist surgeons to perform a lot more complex operations with just a few small incisions, which also minimizes the need to perform the traditional abdominal (open) surgery. This procedure also allows surgeons to operate with unsurpassed 3DHD visualization, dexterity, surgical precision, control, and ergonomic comfort.
There are many benefits of da Vinci for women, which include:
- Shorter hospital stay (one day in most cases compared to 3-5 days)
- Less pain post-operatively
- A lot less complications and less risk of infection
- Faster recovery and return to normal activities (1-2 weeks compared to 6-8 weeks)
- Less scarring (small incisions compared to 6-8 inch scars)
For women who are receiving open surgery, the da Vinci signifies a great advance in gynecological care and treatment. This robotic procedure is said to be one of the most effective and one of the least invasive choices for many gynecologic conditions that require surgery.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with a condition that requires surgery, please take the time to learn all about the minimally invasive surgery, the da Vinci.